Pilgrim’s first church service was held in the garage of a parsonage on El Rio Drive in 1959. Attendance grew and a local farmer donated the present parcel of land for a church.
One of the first projects the congregation undertook was the founding of a Lutheran elementary school which enrolls not only member children, but children in the community. In 1960 the congregation dedicated its new building, including a chapel and two classrooms, and opened the school with one teacher and 17 students in grades 1 through 6.
The congregation grew and a separate worship and fellowship facility was built on the east side of Bette Drive in 1978. However, by 1984 hard times had fallen on the congregation, membership dwindled and the congregation struggled to support the small school. The leaders of the congregation debated the fate of the school and in a commitment to Christian education and the future of the church; they decided to add preschool and kindergarten.
In 2009 the church was remodeled, increasing the size of the narthex to accommodate more members for pre and post-service fellowship, updating the worship area, children’s room, kitchen, and fellowship room in the lower level.
The congregation today has more than 500 members. The thriving elementary school is comprised grades K3 – 8, childcare and before / after school programs. In addition to the school programs, the congregation has a thriving prayer ministry and offers many opportunities for bible study and instruction.